Historic Restoration: Preserving a Montana Landmark with Copper Roofing
In this one-hour video case study, we will explore how copper roofing benefited a
- Discuss how historic preservation projects can promote a healthy community and celebrate our historical legacy
- Review the sustainable benefits of using recycled copper for roofing applications
- Define craftsmanship and how it applies to roofing restoration projects
- Describe the longevity and life cycle of copper roofing compared to other building materials
AIA Course Number:
- 1 AIA HSW/
GBCI Course ID:
- 1 GBCI General Hour for LEED Professionals
To receive AIA or GBCI credit, please access the videos via the GreenCE site using the links below:
Oasis: Designing a LEED Campus in the Desert
Copper's Role in Phoenix Health Sciences Education Building
The Copper Development Association (CDA), in conjunction with GreenCE, has developed a two-part educational video series, titled " Oasis: Designing a LEED Campus in the Desert," which highlights the building materials and craftsmanship of the Health Sciences Education Building project in Phoenix, Arizona, and the design philosophy and strategy behind the sustainable design and construction of this state-of-the-art facility.
Both hour-long videos are registered with the USGBC for continuing education credits and with the American Institute of Architects (AIA), which requires architects to pursue continuing education to maintain their membership.
Viewers who are not interested in receiving credit may simply access the videos directly from below.
Part 1 [Time: 1 h 03 min] - Exploring the design phase of the project.
Part 2 [Time: 59 min] - Documenting the construction and occupancy phases of the building.
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: Sustainability in the Desert: Video Case Study Offers CE Credit for Architects