- Osborn, Donald H. and Foehl, John M., "Coloring and Finishing Copper Metals." Construction Specifier Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 5055 (Oct. 1963)
- Hughes, Richard and Rowe, Michael, " The Coloring, Bronzing and Patination of Metals," Crafts Council, London. (1982)
- Fishlock, David, Metal Colouring. Teddington, England, Robert Draper Ltd., 1970. 393 pages.
- Metal Finishing Guidebook & Directory. Metals and Plastics Publications, Inc., 1 University Plaza, Hackensack, N.J.
- CDA Application Data Sheets 108/9, 114/9 and 161/0 on clear organic coatings.
Sources of Materials
Ammonium sulfide, ammonium sulfate and ammonium chloride (sal ammoniac), potassium sulfide (liver of sulfur), sodium sulfide (liquid sulfur), copper sulfate (blue vitriol), oxalic acid, cuprous chloride, hydrochloric acid, arsenic trioxide and acetic acid are available from metal finishing and chemical supply houses. Abrasive pads are available from building supply and hardware stores. INCRALAC clear lacquer is available from:
PO Box 2884
Sparks, NV 89431
Maas & Waldstein Co.
Division of Seagroves Coatings Corp.
PO Box 187
320 Paterson Plank Road
Carlstadt, NY 07072
401 Berlin Street
East Berlin, CT 06023
Custom Aerosal Packaging
128 East Water St.
Piqua, OH 45356