In order to help homeowners, potential homeowners and consumers make educated decisions when it comes to plumbing, the CDA has developed a 12-point Plumbing Test. Not surprisingly, copper is the only plumbing material that can answer "yes" to each of the following questions. How does your plumbing match up?
The CDA 12-Point Plumbing Test
- Does your plumbing material have a long-term, proven performance record?
- Is it permeable; can it block contaminants from penetrating its walls?
- Can the joints withstand rapid pressure and temperature changes?
- Will it perform well in all weather, and is easily thawed, if necessary?
- Does it resist punctures and abrasions and not become brittle with age?
- Does it inhibit the breeding of harmful germs?
- Will it not burn, or give off smoke or toxic fumes, when exposed to fire?
- Will it withstand the weather and the sun's ultraviolet rays in outdoor applications?
- Is it maintenance-free and has a low lifetime cost of ownership?
- Will it add to your home's resale value?
- Does it have nationwide approval of building inspectors and engineers?
- Does it have inherent quality and value, or offer 'false economy' like some competing materials?