- December 16, 2020
- 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
- Event Type:
- Training Type:
- Architects, Engineers, Installers
In this one-hour course, you will learn about the amazing qualities of copper and its inherent sustainability in the built environment. The properties and characteristics of copper and copper alloy offer versatility, sustainability, and unlimited design potential. Examples of good design practice will be evaluated along with an assessment of project solutions and improvements. In addition, current award-winning projects will be reviewed to inspire the creativity of design professionals. The presentation will conclude with a question and answer session.
Continuing Education: 1LU, 1 HSW Hour. Course number 18CDA110.
- Examine the inherent properties of copper that make it an efficient building material and how design professionals can incorporate these characteristics into high performing buildings and infrastructure
- Assess recent construction projects utilizing copper and copper alloys in roofing, wall cladding, and ornamental systems
- Define copper, identify common copper alloy families, and interpret how copper is 100% recyclable
- Discuss the functional contributions of copper and copper alloys as part of a sustainable building design.