- Recommended Practice for Powering and Grounding Sensitive Electronic Equipment: IEEE Emerald Book, Standard 1100-1999 (or latest edition), IEEE, New York, NY.
- Recommended Practice for Grounding of Industrial and Commercial Power Systems: IEEE Green Book, Standard 142- 1992 (or latest edition) , IEEE, New York, NY.
- National Electrical Code, NFPA 70, National Fire Protection Ass'n., Quincy, MA, (latest edition).
- IAEI Soares Book on Grounding, International Association of Electrical Inspectors, Richardson, TX, (latest edition).
- Code for Protection Against Lightning, NFPA 780, (latest edition).
- Grounding and Lightning Protection, Robinson, M. D., Publication No. EL-5036, Electric Power Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA, 1987. (Available to members only).
- Lightning Protection Systems, Pub. No. 96A, Underwriters Laboratories Inc., Northbrook, IL.
- Dranetz Field Handbook for Power Quality Analysis, Dranetz Technologies, Edison, NJ, 1991.
- EC&M Practical Guide to Quality Power for Sensitive Electronic Equipment, DeDad, John and Waggoner, Ray, Intertec Publishing, Overland Park, KS, (latest edition).
In addition, the following two Web sites contain informative and technical information on grounding certain sensitive locations:
- United States Department of Agriculture - Electrical Protection of Digital and Lightwave Telecommunications Equipment
- Department of Transportation - Lightning and Surge Protection, Grounding, Bonding and Shielding Requirements for Facilities and Electronic Equipment
Copper Development Association Inc. also offers a CD-ROM on power quality topics, and a videotape on understanding harmonics. Please refer to the Publications List.