January 19, 2004
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
When it comes to plumbing systems, copper is the least likely material to cause problems. To help builders and homebuyers make educated decisions when it comes to plumbing, the Copper Development Association has developed a 12-Point Plumbing Test. Not surprisingly, copper is the only plumbing material that can answer "yes" to each of the following questions:
The CDA 12-Point Plumbing Test
- Does your plumbing material have a long-term, proven performance record?
- Is it impermeable; can it block contaminants from penetrating its walls?
- Can the joints withstand rapid pressure and temperature changes?
- Will it perform well in all weather, and can it be easily thawed, if necessary?
- Does it resist punctures and abrasions and not become brittle with age?
- Does it inhibit the breeding of harmful germs?
- Will it not burn, or give off smoke or toxic fumes, when exposed to fire?
- Will it withstand the weather and the sun's ultraviolet rays in outdoor applications?
- Is it maintenance-free and have a low lifetime cost of ownership?
- Will it add to your home's resale value?
- Does it have nationwide approval of building inspectors and engineers?
- Does it have inherent quality and value, or offer 'false economy' like some competing materials?
The Copper Development Association is the information, education, market and technical development arm of the copper, brass and bronze industries in the USA.
Learn more at our Blog thinkcopper.org.
Follow us on Twitter at @ThinkCopperUSA.