February 10, 1999
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY— The Copper Development Association Inc. has updated its Standards and Properties Web Site to include a description of copper alloys released in late 1998.
According to Dr. John Cowie, CDA vice president for strip, sheet and plate, the Standards and Properties site provides engineers, designers, fabricators and manufacturers with a comprehensive reference on all copper metals. Highlights of the site include:
- Specifications Cross-Index - a cross-index of the principal specification systems used in the United States
- Typical Uses of Copper Alloys - a searchable database.
- Copper Alloy Corrosion Resistance Database - allows users to explore how various copper alloys react to a large number of corrosive environments.
- Microstructures of Copper Alloys - micrographs of commercially important and/or metallurgically interesting copper and copper alloys and processes.
- New Copper Alloys - properties and characteristics of newly released copper alloys.
- Standard Designations for Copper and Copper Alloys - chemical composition of all UNS copper alloys.
The site is a part of The Copper Page, the most comprehensive Web source for copper metals information.
The Copper Development Association is the information, education, market and technical development arm of the copper, brass and bronze industries in the USA.
Learn more at our Blog thinkcopper.org.
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/thinkcopper.