High Strength Copper Alloys Boost Injection Molding
Higher production rates are making copper alloys, which transfer heat rapidly, the materials of choice for many injection and blow molds for plastics. In molding, there's a major economic advantage to rapid removal of heat from the molten plastic: it raises production rates and reduces part defects.
- Bronzes: Copper Alloys that Counter Friction
- Copper Enhances Communications
- Copper Ensures More Hot Water
- Fashionable Facilities Count on Copper Cachet
Copper Contributes to Big Engines that Can
Copper is helping the railroads gain market share from long-haul truckers. More than eight tons of copper in each of the latest, most-powerful locomotives enables them to pull longer trains faster up steeper grades.
- "Old Ironsides" Still Protected by Copper
- More Copper Makes More Space
- Copper Clues to Golden Treasure