Ringing in the New Year with Copper
This year, several cities around the country celebrated New Year’s Eve by dropping a copper ball...or in Raleigh’s case, a 900 pound copper acorn.
- Brass Adds Warmth to Contemporary Judaica Art
- Copper’s Part in Star-Lite Stained Glass
- Copper Lifetime Art Forms, Completely Handcrafted in Louisiana
- Liz Glynn’s The Myth of Singularity, Bronze Exhibit on View at LACMA
Capturing the Essence of Steampunk
A recent retrospective brought together some of the world's most notable copper Steampunk artists, celebrating an artistic movement that fuses Victorian-era style design and modern technology.
- Peter Diepenbrock: Bringing Copper's Classic Beauty to Modern Sculptures
- James Reynolds: Drawn to the Inherent Beauty of Copper
- Adding a Modern Twist to Their Family's Legacy
- New Works by Wendell Castle Unveiled at Columbus Circle in NYC
The Copper Legacy of Jacob Bromwell
Jacob Bromwell’s diverse range of copper products are deeply rooted in America’s history. Today, each piece is still proudly handcrafted in the United States in the same tradition Jacob Bromwell himself used when he founded the company almost 200 years ago.
- Copper: Raw and Honest
- Crafting Custom Kitchen Components: Circle City Copperworks
- Copper Garden Art with a Kinetic Twist
- Rare Hellenistic Bronze Sculpture On View at Getty
The Serendipitous Bronze Sculptures of Storm King Art Center
Storm King Art Center’s massive 500-acre sculpture park features several permanent large-scale bronze works that showcase these works in their natural element.
- Chemistry Is in the Copper with John Searles
- Capturing The Melodies And Colors of Copper
- AJ's Copper Garden: Where Dreams Come True
- Rare Kopper Kart Pickup on View at America on Wheels Museum
Thomas Edison and the Role of Copper in His Inventions
Born in Milan, Ohio, on February 11, 1847, Thomas Edison become one of the world's most notable visionaries, often using copper to bring his inventions to life.
- Deliziare’s Whimsical Wire Work
- Sio Metalworks: Modern Copper Works Inspired by the Arts and Crafts Movement
- Spiritiles: Depict the Art and Wisdom of Everyday Life
- Rodin: The Human Experience at Michener Museum
Carolina Bronze: Sculptural Puzzle Solving
The North Carolina-based fine arts foundry specializes in casting sculptures of all sizes ranging from tabletop size to monumental, with the primary bulk of their work evolved around historical sculptures, many life-size, and memorials, such as fallen firefighter memorials.
- Patina Studio: Enhancing the Natural Beauty of Copper through Science
- Teaching the Touch of Copper and Brass
- Unique Copper Weathervanes Crafted from Old World Metalsmithing
- BMA Acquires Monumental Magritte Bronze