Copper Keepsakes to Make your Holiday Shimmer
From brass menorahs to copper wreaths, celebrate the holidays with these unique copper keepsakes created by today's leading metalsmith artists.
- Reggie Farmer: Modern Day Coppersmith
- The Changing Nature of Verdigris
- Weathervanes of Maine Continues the Colonial Craft of Copper Weathervanes
- Metropolitan Museum Offers Rare Viewing of Lorenzo Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise, Magnificent Renaissance Masterpiece
Artists and Alchemists: The Art of Copper Electroforming
By using copper as a catalyst and an artform, artists around the country are putting their unique twist on the ancient technique of electroforming.
- Copper Artist Burt Squires Revives the Historic Barn Star
- Martino Hoss and Pastel on Copper: Vignettes of a Memory
- Honoring the Bronze Bas Relief at the Base of Provincetown's Pilgrim Monument
- New Gallery for Native North American Art Opens at Metropolitan Museum, Rare Copper Mask on Display
The Art of Brass Colonial Surveying Instruments
When early American colonists were first surveying the seemingly unlimited tracts of land in this new continent, brass became the material of choice for 18th century colonial instrument makers due to its durability and beautiful ornamental qualities.
- P.E. Guerin Foundry Continues their Legacy of Artistic Metalwork
- Capturing the Beauty of the Body in Bronze: Artist Richard MacDonald
- Nature's Creations: Creating One-of-a-Kind Copper Keepsakes
- Art Foundry Gallery Hosts 2008 Beijing Olympic Sculpture Exhibition
The Guggenheim Legacy: From Copper to Contemporary Art
The Guggenheim family's copper legacy helped them become major philanthropists of the contemporary art world.
- Amy Kupferberg, Alchemy and Meaning
- Steven Whyte Finds Common Ground with His Real-Life Bronze Portraits
- The Statue of Liberty: A Shining Example of Copper's Endurance
- Brass Menagerie Showcases American Brass of the Aesthetic Movement
The Art and History of Brass Musical Instruments
The legacy of crafting beautiful brass instruments lives on as the soothing sounds of brass make a comeback.
- Maiden Foundry: A Successful Artist-Run Foundry Piloted by Michael Maiden
- The Legend of the Moscow Mule: The Copper Cup that Could
- Steel by Day, Copper by Night: Outside Folk Artist Dave Nally
- MIA Purchases Rare Bronze Masterpiece of African Sculpture
Copper Catalyst: Evelyn Rosenberg's Explosive Art of Detonography
New Mexico-based artist Evelyn Rosenberg mixes explosives and copper to create a unique collection of artwork that has earned her universal recognition in the contemporary art world.
- Val Bertoia: Alloy and Metaphor
- Mark Oberkirsch and the Art of Copper Repoussé
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History Reopens Hillman Hall of Minerals and Gems
- Ellis Island Restoration Gives New Life to Ferry Building's Cupola Sculpture
Reflections of the Past: The Resurgence of the Copper Canvas
From the master painters of the Renaissance to today's contemporary artists, copper as a canvas is experiencing a resurgence in the modern art world.
- Chelsea Stone Livens Up Her Jewelry Designs with Copper
- Coppersmithing in New Bedford
- Copper Dead Sea Scroll Displayed for the First Time in America
- Sotheby's Sets New World Record for Bronze Sculpture at Auction: Artemis and the Stag Fetches $28.6 Million
The Many Faces of Copper Celebrates Arizona s Copper Legacy
This new exhibition at Arizona s Flandrau Science Center features an amazing collection of more than 150 copper artifacts, along with an ongoing audio project documenting stories from the Arizona mines.
- Whimsical Wildlife: The Art of Andy Cobb
- Sculptor Jonathan Hertzel Debuts Rooted Family in Atlanta
- The History of Copper Arts
- Choosing The Best Copper Materials For Your Art
- Copper Brings Dickinson's Work to Life at Wave Hill Exhibit