Bi-monthly, Copper in the Arts delivers compelling profiles and articles highlighting American-produced copper, bronze and brass artisans, along with intriguing articles detailing the artistic history of these metals. In addition to showcasing up and coming copper artisans, Copper in the Arts also provides detailed overviews of copper-related exhibitions from across the country.
Special Effects Sculpting Brings Copper to the Center Stage
Sculptor and special effects artist Andre Freitas uses a cold-spray metalizing system called LuminOre to transform copper and brass into realistic sets and characters for Hollywood and beyond.
- Copper Kingdom: Old World Inspired Copper Gaming Pieces
- Invigorating Life Size Bronzes with Classic Realism
- East Coast Tinning: Copperware’s Resilience in Restoration
- Bronze and Copper Hippo Ballerina Installed at NYC’s Lincoln Center
Archives:2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007
Contact the Editor:
Copper in Your Home
This section is dedicated to copper in all of its wondrous applications – in communication, in the construction of our homes, in our health and nutrition, in the natural world, in education, in décor, and even in play. It's a complete online resource for facts and information about the many ways copper affects and enhances our lives.
Areas of Interest:
- Electrical & Communications Wiring
- Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
- Architecture, Lighting & Decor
- Environment & Health
- Cookware & Decorations
- Do-it-yourself & Crafts
- Innovations & Technology