Bi-monthly, Copper in the Arts delivers compelling profiles and articles highlighting American-produced copper, bronze and brass artisans, along with intriguing articles detailing the artistic history of these metals. In addition to showcasing up and coming copper artisans, Copper in the Arts also provides detailed overviews of copper-related exhibitions from across the country.
The Metal that Ages with Beauty
Thirty-three years ago, copper artist Bill Shook made his first handcrafted gaslight in his garage. Today, his business is a 50,000 square foot operation.
- Unprecedented Jack Whitten Retrospective Opens at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston
- The Embrace Wins Year-Long Contest for Boston’s New Monumental MLK Sculpture
- New Orleans Museum of Art Announces 26 New Sculptures Acquired for Garden Expansion
- Matthew Barney's Redoubt Opens at Yale University Art Gallery
Archives:2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007
Contact the Editor:
Copper in Your Home
This section is dedicated to copper in all of its wondrous applications – in communication, in the construction of our homes, in our health and nutrition, in the natural world, in education, in décor, and even in play. It's a complete online resource for facts and information about the many ways copper affects and enhances our lives.
Areas of Interest:
- Electrical & Communications Wiring
- Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
- Architecture, Lighting & Decor
- Environment & Health
- Cookware & Decorations
- Do-it-yourself & Crafts
- Innovations & Technology