- High Speed Machining Advantages of Brass vs. Steel [PDF - 3.7Mb]
The high speed machining capabilities of brass enable significant productivity advantages and cost-savings compared to 12L14 steel and 304L stainless steel. This piece reviews extensive laboratory testing that assessed the maximum practical machining speeds for brass and steel alloys from the standpoint of productivity and tool life. An economic comparison on cost per part is also included.
- European End-of-Life Vehicle Directive: Frequently Asked Questions [PDF - 702 KB]
Do you have questions about the European End-of-Life Vehicle Directive and how it affects copper alloys? A ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ document is now available which includes key contacts for additional support.
- Brass for North American Potable Water Applications: Value Chain Perspectives [PDF - 322 Kb]
Professional care has been deployed throughout the brass value chain to ensure that brass materials and components for drinking water applications are in compliance with lead-free requirements. This piece summarizes the North American regulatory landscape and reviews how producers and users of brass rod have adapted to meet new requirements.
- Brass: The Cost-Effective Choice [PDF - 494 Kb]
This publication describes the superior machinability and economic advantages of brass for screw machine products. A cost comparison for parts made from brass and steel is included to show why brass is the cost effective choice.
- Die Cast Copper Motor Rotors
Progress updates and technical information on die casting copper rotors used in induction motors.
- Low-Lead Red Brass-C89510, C89520 and Yellow Brass-C89550, Casting Alloys
A review of the new low-lead casting alloys
- Copper Alloy Molds
The Plastic Industry's Best Kept Secret
- Bronze Sleeve Bearings
Are you designing for lowest cost?
- Selecting Bronze Bearing Materials
A guide to help select the proper alloy for your bronze bearing application
- Electronic Connector Alloys Design Guide
A series discussing some of the basics of physical properties, fabrication and applications of copper and copper alloys to assist parts designers, materials engineers, metallurgists and materials buyers.
- Modern Mold & Tooling Mold Design Guidelines
PDF copies of a nine-part series discussing Injection Mold Design Guidelines for maximizing performance using copper alloys.