ArchitectSchoeler Heaton & Robertson Martin Architects in Joint Venture
Sheet Metal ContractorHeather and Little Ltd.
Postal Station B, a Classified Federal Heritage Building within the Parliamentary Precinct in Ottawa and home to the Privy Council Office, was designation for restoration project in 2015 to replace its original 1938-39 copper mansard roofs, gutters, cornices, dormers and tower since the elements were at the end of their life-cycle.
A mix of standing seam and flatlock seam roof systems were employed to replicate the custom copper elements. Additionally, key architectural elements were salvaged, existing systems were improved, and copper elements which were original to the building were replicated and remain part of this historic building in the nation’s capital.
As one of Ottawa's landmarks, Postal Station B was rehabilitated while staying true to the original design of the century-old heritage building.