A Copper Alliance Member
How Dependable Is Your Plumbing?
January 19, 2004
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
When it comes to plumbing systems, copper is the least likely material to cause problems. To help builders and homebuyers make educated decisions when it comes to plumbing, the Copper Development Association has developed a 12-Point Plumbing Test. Not surprisingly, copper is the only plumbing material that can answer “yes” to each of the following questions:
The CDA 12-Point Plumbing Test
- Does your plumbing material have a long-term, proven
- Is it impermeable; can it block contaminants
from penetrating its walls?
- Can the joints withstand rapid pressure and temperature
- Will it perform well in all weather,
and can it be easily thawed, if necessary?
- Does it resist punctures and abrasions and not become
brittle with age?
- Does it inhibit the breeding of harmful
- Will it not burn, or give off smoke
or toxic fumes, when exposed to fire?
- Will it withstand the weather and
the sun’s ultraviolet
rays in outdoor applications?
- Is it maintenance-free and have a
low lifetime cost of ownership?
- Will it add to your home’s
- Does it have nationwide approval
of building inspectors and engineers?
- Does it have inherent quality and value, or offer ‘false economy’ like some competing materials?
The Copper Development Association is the information, education, market and technical development arm of the copper, brass and bronze industries in the USA.
Learn more at our blog coppertalk.org.
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/coppertalk.
Phone: (212) 251-7209